Sunday 31 March 2013

461 - Cap Corse Wine Bottles

Card no 461 – Martine 
Cap Corse wines 
Country Card Sent From: France 
Place that Card Sender Lives: Piedigriggio, Corsica 
Date Received: 30th March 2013 
Distance Travelled: 942 miles 
Time Taken: 5 days 

My much-loved Corsican friend, Martine, sent me these to toast my health but suggested I didn’t drink them all at once! LOL. This was reinforced by a message printed on the card that ‘ Un abus d’alcool est dangereux pour la sante’ (Abuse of alcohol is dangerous for health). I wonder if they are required by law to put that on as the card could be considered to be advertising! What a strange world we live in. Cap Corse Wines have been in existence since 1872 when Louis Napoleon Mattei, a modest wine merchant, invented an aperitif with quinine in it to combat fevers.

The stamp celebrates the fact Marseilles is the European Capital of Culture 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome. I love it when visitors comment - even if it's only to say "Hi, I've been here!"