Friday 22 March 2013

453 – Books wanted for troops – US poster

Card no 453 - Danielle 
War poster for books 
Country Card Sent From: USA 
Place that Card Sender Lives: Omaha, Nebraska 
Date Received: 21st March 2013 
Distance Travelled: 4,122 miles 
Time Taken: 5 days 

The Brodie helmet worn by this soldier was in use in both the First and Second World Wars so I would need to identify the rifle to be able to tell which war this was for. That’s beyond me. Perhaps there is another clue in there that someone can tell me about.

These were two of the stamps –



3 comments:

  1. I would have automatically assumed it was WWII but now you have me doubting. Great postcard though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. based on this
    http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/94514639/

    I would say World War I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super - thanks David.

      The information indicates it was creayted by C B (Charles Buckles)Falls, 1874-1960, artist
      Date Created/Published: [between 1918 and 1923]

      Delete

Welcome. I love it when visitors comment - even if it's only to say "Hi, I've been here!"