Sunday 21 April 2013

501 – Books and more books

Card no 501 - Anastasiya 
Books and more books 
Country Card Sent From: Russia 
Place that Card Sender Lives: St Petersburg 
Date Received: 18th April 2013 
Distance Travelled: 1,335 miles 
Time Taken: 21 days 
Postcrossing id – RU-1635662 


I tend only to quote from the backs of the cards if it relates specifically to the subject of the card but in this case I shall make an exception because Anastaiya’s valediction of “Wish you all the best, bright and beautiful” may not be perfect English but it is one of the most delightful I have received.

The stamps combined all four of the Russian animal stamps (I think there are just four though I know there are a lot of different values). 


2 comments:

  1. John, John, where is your lyric sensibility? All the best, bright and beautiful is pure poetry (Wish I'd said it!) M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope nobody thought I was criticising Anastasiya. I was trying to make the same point as you, McGregor. A great deal of poetry is not good grammatical English but that doesn't stop it from being superb.

      Delete

Welcome. I love it when visitors comment - even if it's only to say "Hi, I've been here!"