Friday 5 April 2013

466 – Audrey Hepburn

Card no 466 - Anastasia
Audrey Hepburn
Country Card Sent From: Belarus
 Place that Card Sender Lives: Minsk
Date Received: 3rd April 2013
Distance Travelled: 1,154 miles
Time Taken: 6 days


This is my first Audrey Hepburn postcard – Whoopee. The one on my notice board was a greetings card from GB. Isn’t she beautiful? And a personality to match.

Audrey Hepburn has beaten modern celebrities, including Cheryl Cole and Kate Moss, to be named most stylish woman in a new poll by Oxfam.  

The winning bid for Audrey Hepburn's “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” dress surpassed all expectations and resulted in a windfall for charity City of Joy Aid. UK auctioneers Christie’s had forecast a sale price of £50,000-£70,000 ($98,000-$137,000) for the trademark black dress, but the final sum of £467,200 ($914,000) has set a new world record for a dress made for a film. You can read more about Audrey's charity work at http://www.looktothestars.org/



These were the stamps - two Europa 2011 stamps - 



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I looked for a NC map card-no luck yet. I know where to go. I will try to get one next week~ What a beautiful collection :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely - thanks Ella, it's much appreciated that you are even looking for me!

      Delete

Welcome. I love it when visitors comment - even if it's only to say "Hi, I've been here!"