Friday 7 December 2012

Wuhou Temple at Nanyang

 Postcard no 293 - (Leu)

Located at Wolonggang, Nanyang City, the Wuhou Temple is a place where Zhuge Liang once lived and tilled. Zhuge Liang (181-234) was an outstanding statesman and strategist in the Three Kingdoms Period in the history of China.  Inside the temple, there is a lifelike image of Zhuge Kongming with elegant expression, wearing a feather fan and a scarf of black silk ribbon.



These are 10 yuan stamps.  The card itself was already stamped with its own 420 yuan postage.


2 comments:

  1. How cool...I love the details!
    This could so inspire poetry!
    mmmh, maybe we could use your postcards for poetry?! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that Imaginary Garden worries about copyright and so do I - normaslly - but in respect of (with respect to?) postcards I don't. So far I have escaped retribution but it might be advisable not to use them on the site but if browsing through them gives you inspiration....

      Delete

Welcome. I love it when visitors comment - even if it's only to say "Hi, I've been here!"