Sunday 4 December 2016

Lighthouse

This post is linked to Maria’s Postcards for the Weekend.  If you would like to see other folk’s posts on this subject please visit Maria’s blog and follow the links.  They are always well worth viewing.

1634 - From Christy in Texas.


The Bolivar Point Lighthouse in Texas was built in 1872 ansd in a hurrican in 1900 it sheltered 125 people. After 61 years service it was retired but remains a landmark on the Texas Gulf coast.  

This was one of the card's stamps.




3 comments:

  1. This is not in my collection. I feel a bit sad about lighthouses not working any more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lighthouse wouldn't have been my first thought as a shelter from a hurricane. Nice to have a themed stamp on the postcard, I like the U.S. Lighthouse series

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello John, aside from the postcard from John (Robinett), this Bolivar lighthouse postcard is one of the very few light house I've seen with a few buildings around it. Thanks for sharing and linking up. Until next weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome. I love it when visitors comment - even if it's only to say "Hi, I've been here!"