Thursday 26 May 2016

Around the world in eight postcards

Here are a few of the places my post-sending friends have visited recently.

2653 - These rock formations are near Urumqi in the Gobi Desert - the home town of Yu Yeng Ma.  It is in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the city furthest away from any ocean or sea.


3080 - Rabat, the capital of Morocco, from Eva.


3085 - From my brother, GB, when he was in New Zealand, earlier this year.


3092 - Horsehoe Canyon in Alberta, Canada, from Tina and family.


3095 - The main Post Office in Minsk, Belarus, from Anastasia.  So this counts as a postal services card for my 2016 theme as a well as an 'around the world' one.

4004 - The Chateau de Malmaison, Paris, from Eva.


4005 - Another card from Eva - this time of a splendid Mosque in Casablanca.  Casablanca is the largest city of Morocco.   The mosque has the world's tallest minaret at 689 feet.


4007 - And, harking back to last year's theme of clocks, is one from Susanne in Germany.



2 comments:

  1. I love the expressin "my post-sending friends" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I've never hear of Urumqi. I wonder if I shall remember it if it comes up in a general knowledge crossword.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome. I love it when visitors comment - even if it's only to say "Hi, I've been here!"