Saturday 21 March 2015

The 101 Tower

2404 - Li, from China, recently went to Taiwan and spent a few days in Taipei.  Her schedule included a trip to the top of the 101 Tower.



The Taipei 101 tower has 101 floors above ground and five underground. Upon its completion Taipei 101 claimed the official records for:

    Ground to highest architectural structure (spire): 508 m (1,667 ft). Previously held by the Petronas Towers 451.9 m (1,483 ft).
    Ground to roof: 449.2 m (1,474 ft). Formerly held by the Willis Tower 442 m (1,450 ft).
    Ground to highest occupied floor: 438 m (1,437 ft). Formerly held by the Willis Tower 412.4 m (1,353 ft).
    Fastest ascending elevator speed: designed to be 1,010 meters per minute, which is 16.83 m/s (55.22 ft/s) (60.6 kilometres per hour (37.7 mph)).
    Largest countdown clock: Displayed on New Year's Eve.
    Tallest sundial.

2 comments:

  1. I've been to the 101 Tower and it is quite amazing. The line-ups to get up the tower are horribly long though. Sadly, when we went into the building and got in line it was daytime, but by the time we got to the top it was night and cloudy, so we didn't have a very good view! I bought a few postcards for my friends there so all my family and friends got postcards from Taiwan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go here someday. Everytime we - mynwife and I travel to Indonesia and do a five hour layover I say one day we will make it a five day layover. It will happen Lord willing one day.. Our issues is we are traveling on two different countries passports and so obtaining the visia is a issue for us. Oh well hopefully one day..

    ReplyDelete

Welcome. I love it when visitors comment - even if it's only to say "Hi, I've been here!"